Thursday, December 2, 2010

#33 Dan Patrick

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
Houghton, MI

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
8 point

The Story: I have always enjoyed the great outdoors. For the past two years I have held off from shooting a deer knowing that there were big ones out there. This year I decided to move my blind to a new location near where I have always hunted. The second day of the deer season my eight point came in. He came in behind me and moved to the side of the blind his head stretch just enough to be seen from one side of a tree his shoulder peeking between two other trees. I took a deep breathe and shot knowing I would shoot near the lungs. He ran right into a tree it made bark from the tree scatter into the the air he ran a little further then dropped. I had know idea how big his body was I had to take seven breaks as I dragged him out of the woods to the truck. I knew he had 8 points even once I was up on him I knew he was big but again I did not know how big until my cousin and I compared bucks he to had shot a six pointer shortly after me. Once the bucks were together I know I had gotten a big boy. This deer is 200 lbs and the biggest body buck I have gotten so far I hope you enjoy him as much as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment