Thursday, December 2, 2010

#30 Megan Eggleston

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
Eaton Rapids/MI

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
7 Point

The Story: Well this is my daughter Megans buck but I am entering it for her. My name is Carl and this is the second buck my daughter has taken. This is a Thanksgiving afternoon buck. Megan and I went out to our blind about 2:30pm (after way too much eating). We needed to bring lawn chairs with us since the buckets we normally set on just wouldnt do after such a wonderful meal. Shortley after settling in it began to rain. Megan was disappointed because she has lost deer before that became unable to track in the rain. She looked at me as the rain increased and said we probably wont see anything today any way. I answered back I was certain we would. Then she said "There's a buck!". I could not see it yet but told her to wait until it came closer and she had a clear shot. I was fianlly able to see the buck as it trotted toward us. I "meaped" and stopped the deer for Megan. She shot and the deer ran into the pines about 80 yards away. We struggled to see any sign of a hit until we went into the pines. I found blood right away and the deer was only about 10 yards further. We high fived and thanked God for the blessings He gives including the deer that gave its life that we may have food to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment