Monday, December 6, 2010

#17 James Taylor - TIE - Most Inspiring

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
Holt MI

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
Scored 142 Gross - Net - 139

The Story: It was October 2nd in a new area, with a new bow and new blind. I hadn't seen a thing until the last 10 minutes when I heard a branch snap. It was a 10 point buck about 30 yards away, and he was headed my way. When he got to my shooting lane he was broadside, I was at full draw, I grunted, the buck stopped and looked right at me. I let the arrow go and after the pass through I heard the arrow hit the leaves. It got so dark and I couldn't find any blood, so I went home to wait for morning. When leaving the woods that night I was so excited about the possibility of hitting a buck that I accidently left my new bow on my tailgate and drove off. When I arrived home I realized what I had done. I had lost my bow. My wife and I went back to search for the bow to no avail. I was so upset that I didn't sleep at all that night. The next day I went back and found my arrow. After making three passes through the woods with no luck,I prayed this prayer:"Lord I lost my bow, Please let me find my buck." I looked to my left and all I seen was horns. Another hunter, after seeing signs I posted for my bow, returned it to me! I had my buck and my bow back! Two answered prayers with a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment