Thursday, December 2, 2010

#27 Randy Peterson

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
Henderson, MI

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
4 point/busted rack

The Story: It had been a couple years since I bagged a buck. I saw several big bucks during bow season but they were out to far for a shot - calling was unsuccessful. Finally I got my chance. Monday, November 29th I took a shot at a big doe and missed and so I decided to get down out of the treestand. I moved to another part of the woods and while I was walking I spotted a buck and a doe about 600 yards out in the field. I had about 10 minutes before time was up so I patiently waited. I prayed and asked the Lord " It sure would be great if that buck ran right up to me". Within minutes the buck began running full speed directly at me. Two minutes later he was just 15 feet from where I was sitting. I was ready and took the shot! Praise the Lord! As much as I like shooting bigger bucks, I'm reminded that you can't eat the antlers! You need to be willing to take whatever God brings! God is so good!

1 comment: