Monday, December 6, 2010

#3 Jeff Juhl - Honorable Mention

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
St. Charles, Michigan

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
10 point 17" inside spread approximatily 160lbs dressed weight

My name is Jeff Juhl and I am 51 years old. I have been dear hunting since I was 14 years old. I am a serious hunter and have been since the first day I hunted. I have shot numerous deer over the years, but never a trophy buck. About ten years ago I started bow hunting and it has been my passion ever since. The past two years I have changed my hunting tactics and have gone hunting by boat into places where the average hunter does not get too. This year I even took it a step further. I had the opportunity, thanks to Spot Shooter Archery in Holly, Michigan, to have my bow “blessed” by Pastor Marv Gerbig of Holly Church of the Nazarene. I did not hesitate to take my bow to this event. As you can see God is good!The first week of November was the planned hunt for this year, 2010. Day one was very uneventful. The next morning was slow again so I decided to move my location. At 11 o’clock I did just that. It took approximately two hours to get moved and set back up. It all happened shortly after that. At 3 o’clock I saw my buck walking out in front of me about 60 yards. I used my grunt call to get his attention and he turned around and walked right into me. As you can see by my submission the end of the story was picture perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment