Monday, December 6, 2010

#8 Bill Cortez - Honorable Mention

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
Pinckney, MI

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
6 point/ 21 1/2" spread

The Story: I have shot the two biggest bucks of my life the last 2 of 3 years. I really feel the Lord has been talking to me through hunting. I lost my Dad to cancer on December 1st of 2008. 12 Days later I went hunting (my first time that year because of Dad being sick) and asked the Lord to send me out the biggest buck I have seen or has ever been taken on our property if my Dad was truly there with him. A few minutes later a huge buck came in and walked to within bow range (10 yards). He was by far the biggest buck ever taken on the property and the biggest buck any of us had seen there. A 10 pt with a 21 inch spread. This year on opening day I was talking to the Lord about some things and asked him to send me another one as a sign of what we were talking about and out came the biggest 6 point I have ever seen in our hunting area. I know most would just think its a coincidence but I do not and I am very blessed and thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment