Thursday, December 2, 2010

#31 Carl Eggleston

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
Eaton Rapids, MI

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
7 Point

The Story: I was blessed with this buck November 6th during bow season. The weekend prior I had missed a doe and needed meat so I was ready to fill a tag. While in the tree stand I was thinking about the "miss" from the week before and several other times I had drawn back on dear but was unable to see my site pins. I noticed that my peep site was not lining up properly due to my release. I made a few adjustments just as a yearling came and layed down under me at the base of the tree I was in. After about 30 minutes several other deer came into view. There was a large doe in the group and I decided I would shoot her. As I readied for an opportunity I remembered my peep site. So while trying to align the site I made noise. The old smart doe stopped and looked at me. She was about 35 yards out. When I released my arrow she dropped below it and I missed her cleanly. I sat there thinking that I was going home without meat again. I started talking with God and said that I trusted him and if I were to get a deer it would be in His time. Withing 15 minutes I heard deer running and this buck chased a doe to within 40 yards. Thank you Lord for a clean kill. This buck had split brow tines and main beam broken off!

No comments:

Post a Comment