Monday, December 6, 2010

#10 CJ Jeffers - Best Male Hunter

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
Stockbridge, MI

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
12 pts, 17 1/4" spread

The Story: Here is how my hunting begins! I asked the good Lord to please let me see a deer this morning!. If I see one, please let him come into range. If he comes into range, please let me shoot straight and true. I was sitting there, thinking, "there isn't anything moving, no other shots being fired, they aren't moving." A little voice in my head said, "Go home dummy, you got to get some sleep before work tonight!" As I was packing my gear, I saw them running into my field! Heading away from me! Then the doe that the two bucks were chasing, turned and headed toward me, at an angle! I got the doe in my scope, backed it off to the first buck chasing her. Led him in my scope and Boom!! 90 meters at a full run! One shot, he dropped in his tracks! I racked another round into my gun, got a bead on the second, even bigger buck, led him, but he entered the woods so I wasn't able to get him! No clue how much he weighs as I can't get him lifted on the scale by myself.

The Lord was good to me by granting me the means and ability to receive my trophy and meat for my family! Take care and God Bless you all! :) CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment