Monday, December 6, 2010

#25 Micah Wood - Best Overall - Grand Prize Winner

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
Scottville/Michigan

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
8 pt. 17" inside spread, 8" G2, 156lbs dressed


The Story: After not seeing anything the night before, we decided to go the the other end of the field and sit next to a corn field. We saw lots of doe in the hay field and then we saw a coyote. The coyote was looking for mice in the field of raked hay.

Then, from the left of us came a nice 8 pt. I was getting ready to shoot it. As I lean forward and turned to get ready for the shot, my dad got my attention to look left again and see this nice buck. It came out at 50 yards, and stared at the coyote in the field broad side to us. My brother and dad were watching with their binoculars as I shot the buck. It ran about 50 yards and died and I said, "Thank you, Lord!"

I shot this buck during the youth hunt and I was 13 at the time. I turned 14 this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment