Tuesday, November 23, 2010

#11 John Watkins

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
Lawrence, Michigan

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
Rat tail 6 point

The Story: As I was sitting in the woods I was talking to the Lord and said, Lord, I'm a child of God and it's my understanding that I deserve nothing but the best so how about sending me that world champion block buster buck! As I sat there in anticipation I was sure he would, and 10 minutes later I seen a deer stick it's head out and thought it was a doe, well that's how the big bucks work sending out a doe first, then it turned it's head and it was a little rat tail 6 point buck, well I thought that's how the big bucks work too sending out a little buck first to clear the way, so out steps the little 6 point and hobbled along barely able to walk due to some amature hunter had blown a hole right through it's leg, well my head hung down and my chin touched my chest with my eyes closed and I said...Lord so that's what you are asking of me? Let it be.... My point here is that I have 38 trophy racks on the wall and I am probably just a little more prouder of this one than the rest but I do have a 21 point hung, I just wanted to say thanks to all the hunters that blink, close their eyes, flinch, or take a vally of shots at a running deer, please take your time and make a true shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment