Monday, November 29, 2010

# 21 Chris Robinson

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
Casper, WY

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
5X4 (11pt including brow tines)

The Story: I know this buck was not shot in Michigan and therefore is not eligible for contest. This was my first hunting trip out of Michigan. A friend and I went out to Wyoming to hunt with my cousin Paul who moved there a few years ago. He told us about the HMA program, where we could get permission to hunt ranches free on the state game and fish website. We got licenses and permission slips and headed out. Paul was busy at work and could only get one day off to hunt with us. We camped on BLM land to keep the cost of our trip down. We walked on average eight miles a day in the mountains. I walked up on this mule deer about three miles from the vehicle. We were able to drive closer, but still had to pack out the meat and the head. It was the most work I've ever done for hunting, but it was the best time I've ever had hunting also. We were able to keep the cost low for such a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment