Monday, November 29, 2010

# 18 Randy Page

Where did you take the buck? (City/State)
Estey, Michigan

Buck Stats (Points/Features)
10 pt with a 20.5" inside spread. Dressed 150#

The Story: We saw this buck once in August with 2 other smaller bucks while planting food plots. He had never been seen before and wasn't seen again after August. I was sitting in my tree stand opening day of bow season right at daylight when I saw the first smaller buck. The 10 pt was second. I was amazed to see this guy with a bow in my hand. About 10 minutes later he finally cleared the brush and gave me a 28 yard quartering away shot. I drew back and it was just light enough that I could barely see through my peep. It took about 15 seconds to get comfortable that I could see him good enough to make the shot. The shot was true and he went about 90 yards and piled up. He is my biggest deer and the largest that we have seen in this area. He green scored a little over 125 Pope and Young. Can't wait to get him back from the taxidermist!

No comments:

Post a Comment