Wednesday, December 9, 2009

***WINNER*** Youth Hunter #3 ***TIE***


#Y-3 Jada Johnson - Gaylord

Buck Stats & important features * 9pt. buck in velvet 201lbs live and 170lbs dressed, on nov.27 shot with a 308cal

Where did you take this buck? Otsego County

Well my dad took me hunting for the past four yrs and i was looking for a good rack buck i had past small one's over the yrs but we had game cam photos of this buck still in velvet and that's the one I wanted! We live on a large tract of land and it is well managed for whitetail,we don't shoot small bucks ever so they can grow and it works.(QDM) We waited for the right wind and got it on nov. 27th,it was spiting snow and cold that was a good sign they would be hungry,we had a food plot with winter greens in it and knew they were hitting it . When we got to the blind they were there already and we had to bump the deer off the field but it wasn't long and the doe's were coming back,the buck came in behind them i wasted no time my dad said it was the velvet nine pt.,he was videoing it for our dvd series(Bigboysadventures) he said he was on it and to take it and take it i did, I pulled up my 308 and pulled the trigger and shot it though the lungs it ran about 100yds and dropped but I did not know that at the time but I was praying I would find it and it came true. I called my mom right away and shared with her what I had CAUGHT haha what I shot, a nine pt. in VELVET in november how cool is that GOD IS GOOD! (p.s. what's up with the 18 and older)

No comments:

Post a Comment