Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hunter #9

#9 Tim Schlehuber - Gaylord

Buck Stats & important features * 9 point with a 14 inch spread, perfectly symetrical besides the point on the one side that never grew

Where did you take this buck? Mackinac County

This buck story started a year and a half ago. I decided to read the bible cover to cover for the first time. When I came to the Psalm - Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart - I wrote it down and put it on my dresser. I finished the bible right before bow season this year and I looked at the Psalm and said after 20 yrs of hunting, this year my hearts desire is to shoot a big buck. I told my Mom I had finished the bible and about the Psalm, and told her as a small gift from God that he would give me the buck this year. I prayed all through bow season and never seen a buck. I started opening day of gun season with the same prayer and at 2:30 pm I shot a nice 6 point. It wasn't the buck I had prayed for but thanked the Lord and was thoroughly satisfied. I then turned my prayers to my wife and stopped hunting. On Thanksgiving day, the weather was starting to look better for hunting and my wife convinced me to give it another try for the big one. I agreed and headed to my blind. It was dark and about 5 min to shooting hours and I could see a deer in the baitpile. It was then 2 minutes to shooting hours and I could see it had a very nice rack. After watching it for 10 minutes I could identify the 4 points on one side for a restricted tag. I took the shot and put him down in his tracks. Immediately I thought about my prayers and that Psalm and gave praise to the Lord. Then I thought my wife is going to kill me cause she still hasn't got a deer yet. God was faithfull and I never doubted his ability to answer that prayer. That beautiful 9 point is being mounted and will forever be a reminder of that Psalm.

No comments:

Post a Comment