Wednesday, December 9, 2009

***WINNER*** Youth Hunter #2 ***TIE***



#Y-2 Jake Hoskins - Grand Ledge



Buck Stats & important features * 7 point, 13 1/2 inside spread, 148 pound UP Buck

Where did you take this buck? Iron Mountain, Mi; Dickinson Co.

My Dad and I went to the U.P. to Grandpa's house in Iron Mountain, Mi to bear hunt during the 3rd season and deer hunt during the Youth hunt weekend. We did not have any luck bear hunting and did not see any deer the first morning of the youth deer hunt. In the evening, my dad, Grandpa and I went back to the deer hunting spot. After an hour, I told my Dad, who was watching the other way, that I saw a deer. It was my buck standing 40 yards away! The buck looked behind him and my Dad told me to get my gun ready. However, I thought the buck would see me so I did not move. The buck walked into a field, stopped and looked right at me. He wagged his tail, turned and started trotting away. My Dad whistled, the buck stopped 104 yards away. I squeezed the trigger and my buck dropped with a shot to the neck from my .30-06, 180 gr. core-lokt bullet. I had my first buck at 12 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment