Wednesday, December 9, 2009

***WINNER*** Male Hunter #8



#8 Adam Emery - Eau Claire

Buck Stats & important features * 7 point buck, 13 1/2" inside spread. Scars on his forehead from fighting with other bucks. Main beams approximately 17 1/2", G2 tines ~ 6", G3 tines ~4".

Where did you take this buck? Mt. Pleasant, Isabella County

The buck was a day after Thanksgiving blessing from above. I sat in my treestand patiently on an evening hunt with no activity for several hours. About 30 minutes before dark, the unmistakable crunch of leaves echoed through the brushy tangle in the woods about 150 yards in front of me. After a few minutes, I caught a glimpse of antlers, but did not have a clear shot opportunity. I got into shooting position hoping that the buck would walk into a clearing, but it turned around and I lost sight of it. A few minutes later, the buck came back and stepped into a very small shooting lane through many branches about 90 yards away. I settled the crosshairs onto the mighty beast and squeezed the trigger. As my eyes readjusted after the shot, I could see that the buck was down! I climbed down from my tree, walked over to the buck, and saw that it was much bigger than I anticipated. Needless to say, I spent a few minutes as light faded thanking my creator for his awesome gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment