Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Male Hunter #1 - Dennis Clark - Charlevoix

#1 - Dennis Clark - Charlevoix

Buck Stats & important features *
He should score 125 -130, which would make pope and young

Where did you take this buck? Town & County. *
Charlevoix

Shot this beast on Oct 2 with bow. I seen 5 different buck that were smaller and I usually pass the smaller buck bye let them grow up. Anyways, I seen that he had good mass but didn't know what he was, being on the other side of an apple tree. All the bucks went behind me heading south. Well an hour went by and a nice 7 pointer that I seen earlier came back, that I could have shot, but didn't. Then 5 min later this buck with the heavy mass came back, this time he step out same spot behind the apple tree then he started to heading north. I still didn't know how many points just that he had nice mass. He got to my shooting lane and I normally stop the deer by making a noise, but I didn't. I dont know why I didnt but I should have. I shot and the shot was back to far because he was walking. Yes a gut shot deer. Not good. After I shot it started to rain, and rain and rain and rain. We found blood but not much. Tracked it about a 100 yards. We couldn't find it. That night it down pour rain all night. Day break it was sunny so we went back to try and find something more. Never did. I prayed and prayed having a feeling in my gut someone would find him. A week went by and duck hunters were hunting a gravel pit 660 yards away from where I shot.. The duck hunters seen the only the deer tail out of the water, thinking it was one of their duck decoy walked over and said holy smokes.. Lucky for me one of the hunters was a DNR officers name S Spiegl. He asked around who was hunting in the area and I got the buck back.. There was a chili cook off in Charlevoix that Saturday at the church where my wife and I where just about to sit down when I got the phone call. The pastor seen the excitement in my face and came over and got the full story. Most hunters would have cut the horns off and left the deer, but Thanks to a Nice guy I got my buck back.unfortunately, the meat was no good even being entirely smurge in water, but the horns taste good.. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it..You can tell by the picture, I just got a riff of the deer and it didnt smell to good.. No coyotes other animal ever touched him. I did shoot a doe with my bow week before rifle season right thru the heart. And yes I did make a noise to stop the deer. Leason learned...





No comments:

Post a Comment