Monday, November 23, 2009

Youth Hunter # 1



#Y-1 Darin Johnson - Sumner

Buck Stats & important features * 8 point thick beams
17 1/2 inch wide spread
around 200 lbs

Where did you take this buck? Gratiot County

My son and I were hunting opening morning when we saw this big buck come running thru the neighbors field. My son Jacob is 14 years old and this is story....At first I didn't think it would come by us, because it was over by my uncle and his friend, and my uncle didn't have time to get a shot at it and it went into some pinetrees, where my uncle's friend was and it was running full force, and he couldn't get a shot at it. It ran out of the pinetrees into the open field by my grandpa, he tried to use his whistle but it didn't stop it, and then it ran towards my dad and I, where my dad yelled at it about 50 yards before it went into more woods. The deer stopped and looked at me then that is where I took my shot. The deer stumbled and ran 25 yards, we waited 5 minutes to let it die, and then my dad and I tracked it with a good blood trail because I shot it thru the heart. So I called my brother to bring the truck so that we could take it and hang it in the barn. The thing that is so special is that I was with my dad and it is the biggest one that I have shot. I was the only one to get a deer opening morning. It is a once in a life time shot so I took it. I love the sport and the quaility time that I get to spend with my dad. I like to make jerky with some of it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment