Monday, November 23, 2009

Female Hunter #2


#2 Mary Poletti - New Lothrop


Buck Stats & important features * Husband-5 point
45 minutes later...I had a 7 point.

Where did you take this buck? Owosso, Shiawassee County

My husband and I were out hunting together the morning of Thursday, November 18, 2009. My husband wanted to leave for the morning. I said, before we go, let's walk the ravine. We got to the south end of the property, and we both decided to sit for a little bit. Chris was not in his spot more than about 3 minutes when I saw him stand up and shoot. A very nice 5 point!

Once we hauled the deer to the top of the ravine to field dress it, I said to my husband, "You don't need me for this. I think I am going to walk around that bend and sit." He agreed. After I found a spot and about 7 minutes elapsed, I looked up to see a very nice 7 point. I shot him and dropped him! Yes, a much bigger buck---and 2 more points than my husband 's buck! (He's a little mad at me now-but he says all of the meat is worth it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment