Monday, November 23, 2009

Male Hunter #2



#2 - Andy Motz - Gaylord


Buck Stats & important features * main frame 8 point with split brow tines makes it a 10 point.
The buck weighed 145 pounds and scored just under 110 inches. 14 1/2" inside spread and the longest tine is 7 1/2" long. The deer had almost perfect antlers as the tine lengths did not vary more than 1/4" from left to right.


Where did you take this buck? Town & County. * Elkton, Huron

Sitting opening morning, I was able to have my best friend and long time hunting buddy in the same small tract of land in Huron County. At about 10am, Brad had not seen anything, and he decided to climb out of the tree stand and come sit in my box blind with me. Neither of us had seen a single hair all morning and had just decided to go into town to get lunch at about 11:15. Just as I put the video camera away, Brad said "there's a doe right there". I pulled out the muzzle loader and put the scope on the doe. I was just about to fire when he said "WAIT! There is a buck right behind her...A BIG BUCK!!!". I looked up and saw the buck traveling along the river going to my right. I had to pull the barrel back into the blind and put it through a different window, all with the doe watching every move. Once I got the barrel in the right direction and found the bucks shoulder 25 yards away, I fired and the deer bounded about 20 yards and stopped. The deer stood there, behind a tangle of tree branches, long enough to let me reload my muzzle loader. Then he laid down. I decided to hit him again and shot him in the back and he expired. I had not taken a GOOD look at the deers antlers because I get Buck Fever really bad if I do. So when I walked up on the buck, the antlers were sticking up from the grass. I had to stop right there and thank God for the harvest and the trophy that He allowed me to take this season. Best of all, I was able to share it with my best friend, Brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment