Monday, November 23, 2009

Male Hunter # 5


#5 Robert Walker - Saginaw


Buck Stats & important features * 14 and a half inch wide 6 point

Where did you take this buck? Linwood, Bay County

Just before it was light enough to shoot this buck came in toward my wifes stand. Lisa (wife) always gets the first deer of the year. (thats just the way I do it). But the deer headed out before she could see good enough to shoot. "Just 10 more minutes" she said. Any way, she text me and said buck coming your way. We were hunting about 150 yards apart. Over my left shoulder is her stand. So i'm looking over my left shoulder seeing nothing, I figure he either bedded down or went out another way. Then I look to my right and there he was about 50 yards out in the thick brush. I hit the doe bleat, he starts moving to where he will pass to my front at about 30 yards. I'm looking for a place to shoot and find only one. And thank the Lord he stopped perfectly in the lane. I shoot, he runs 80 -100 yards piles up and there you have it. A successful day in the Michigan deer woods. Praise the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment